The Case Centre was set up in 1973 as the Case Clearing House of Great Britain and Ireland. It was the result of a joint initiative by 22 higher education institutions who wanted a reliable facility for sharing case materials among business teachers.
- 1973:The Case Clearing House of Great Britain and Ireland established.
- 1974: The Case Clearing House gains formal charitable status.
- 1991: We become the European Case Clearing House to reflect the growth of case writing and teaching throughout Europe.
- 1992: We open our US office at Babson College, Wellesley, Massachusetts, to serve the North American market.
- 2005: We become ecch to reflect the global reach of our operations.
- 2013: ecch is renamed The Case Centre to clearly communicate our status as a world-leading distributor of case materials and internationally renowned expert in case teaching and learning.