Customised case method training
Case studies can transform training programmes and the learning experience of participants and provide a refreshing contrast to traditional teaching methods.
Planning your programme
The Case Centre's customised case method workshops can be held at your site or in your region of the world. These unique events are developed in close collaboration with your organisation to ensure that learning objectives, time span and budget are met.
Why not share the cost?
It’s a great idea to share the cost of your custom workshop with one of your partner organisations. Let us know if you plan to organise a shared event and we’ll be happy to provide a budget proposal.
Our tutors include some of the world's most experienced teachers of the case method, several of whom have written books on the subject. All are experienced case authors. Tutors aim to deliver courses with a practical focus, while helping your participants develop insight into their own case writing and teaching and master new techniques. The Case Centre will work closely with you to identify your objectives and select the appropriate tutor for your programme. View tutor biographies
Cost of a customised programme
The cost of each event is worked out on an individual basis and varies depending on location, travel costs and duration of event.
The basic training fee per person depends on the length of the workshop you require and includes tutor fees, workshop design, management administrative fee and workshop materials for each participant.
- 1 day programme (per person) €270 / £225
- 2 day programme (per person) €450 / £375
- 3 day programme (per person) €640 / £535
In addition to the per person training fee, out-of-pocket expenses incurred by The Case Centre, including accommodation, travel and subsistence for tutor and co-ordinator, must also be covered. These costs are calculated on an individual basis depending on the location of your school and the duration of the workshop.
We recommend a minimum of ten participants and a maximum of twenty but fifteen participants is ideal. If your participant numbers vary from this we can discuss different options with you.
Please contact a member of the events team to request a cost proposal for your school.
Clients for whom we have developed programmes include a variety of organisations worldwide, including:
- Ashridge Business School, UK
- Budapest School of Management, Hungary
- Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, UK
- CERAM Sophia Antipolis, France
- Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland
- ESADE, Spain
- Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- FH Joanneum, Austria
- Les Roches School of Hotel Management, Switzerland
- Linkage Asia, Singapore
- Munich School of Management, Germany
- Norwegian Institute of Science and Technology, Norway
- SDA Bocconi, Italy
- Solvay Business School, Belgium
- Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship, Sweden
- St Petersburg State University, Russia
- Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Thai Institute of Directors, Thailand
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- University of Ballarat, Australia
- University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
"The Case Centre's customised workshop helped us to focus on the issues around case study writing and teaching that were most pertinent to our needs. We were also made aware of the issues to consider in using cases in an executive teaching environment. It was highly engaging."
Rachael Lai, Linkage Asia, Singapore
The next step
If you think that a customised case method workshop is the right training solution for your organisation, or you would just like to explore the option more, our Events Team would love to hear from you. To help us with your enquiry please be prepared to discuss what type of event you are interested in (case teaching, writing or both), where you would like it to be held and the potential number of participants.
Training and Events Manager
t +44 (0)1234 756409
Customised not for you?
- what is a case and why use cases?
- course planning using cases
- preparing to lead a case class
- managing the classroom process
- the case writing process
- developing a teaching note