Tuesday 26 October 2021 17h-18h (BST)
Students are demanding cases that talk about someone like me and classes that discuss issues related to equity and inclusion in business that new generations of leaders must navigate. This webinar will help you become more confident in addressing and discussing DEI-related topics in your cases and classes.
About this free webinar
There is significant educational value for students exposed to cases with diverse protagonists and/or on DEI topics. Integrating cases related to DEI can foster cultural sensitivity among students, equip students to manage real life scenarios in which varying perspectives and lived experiences are at play, prepare students for increasingly diverse workplaces where DEI is a strategic advantage, and engage students in critical and timely discussions while offering them strategies to promote equity and inclusion throughout the business.
The webinar will cover:
- DEI case methodology and concepts
- the potential pedagogical impact that utilising cases with diverse protagonists and cases on DEI-related topics can have
- how to identify DEI-related cases relevant to participants’ courses
- common questions, challenges and pitfalls in writing and using DEI-related cases
- a summary of good practices and useful resources.
The webinar will include a Q&A session.
Who is this webinar for?
This webinar is for faculty interested in developing competencies in writing and/or delivering DEI cases in their teaching, as well as those interested in building an integrated approach to incorporating DEI-related cases in course materials in the wider curriculum.
Participants will learn:
- what is different when teaching case studies with a DEI approach
- how to prepare for teaching DEI issues using the case method
- how to best integrate DEI into cases they write
- how to become more confident in addressing and discussing DEI-related topics.