Wednesday 22 September 2021 15h-16h (BST)
Teaching Blue Ocean Strategy and Blue Ocean Shift
Want to teach creativity and innovation in a way that is simple, clear and highly effective? And not just for entrepreneurs but also executives, start-ups and students alike? The international multi-million sellers Blue Ocean Strategy and Blue Ocean Shift provide a proven methodology to break out of bloody competition and create uncontested market space.
Blue ocean pedagogical materials, used in over 2,800 universities and in almost every country in the world, are designed to bring a solid and deep understanding of key blue ocean concepts, developed by world-renowned INSEAD Professors W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne. Over 40 cases, including several bestselling and award winning cases, teach core concepts of market-creating strategy and the systematic process to successfully create a blue ocean.
Blue ocean cases and teaching materials, available through The Case Centre, are designed for use in undergraduate, graduate and executive education.
About this free webinar
In this 60-minute webinar, hosted by Antoinette Mills from The Case Centre, and led by Oh Young Koo, Institute Executive Fellow at the INSEAD Blue Ocean Strategy Institute, you will be introduced to the concept of Blue Ocean, and its tools and frameworks, through the blue ocean strategy and shift cases.
We will also introduce you to a brand new teaching method that combines the case learning with class exercises, which creates a dynamic classroom experience and immersive case learning.
The webinar participants will:
- learn key takeaways of blue ocean strategy and blue ocean shift
- gain insights into adopting blue ocean teaching materials in teaching modules and curriculum, not only in strategy courses but also in different fields of study
- browse through 40 blue ocean cases that have different learning points and teaching methods
- learn how to conduct a blue ocean shift workshop for hands-on experiential learning
- discover how to to find and order blue ocean cases from The Case Centre for use in the classroom.
The webinar will include a wrap-up Q&A session. We would love to interact with you to build the community of blue ocean faculty!
This webinar is for:
- any faculty who are interested in teaching market-creating strategy for MBAs and executives
- experienced blue ocean teaching faculty who would like to update their pedagogical materials and diversify their teaching methods
- administrators who want to create a blue ocean course.